Upgrading to a Sliding Window
Benefits Of A Sliding Window
Sliding windows move horizontally along the frame, providing a more substantial area for light and viewing. There’s no mid-frame sash to break up the scenery, and more light from your windows means less electric lighting costs. Not to mention, sunlight is a great way to get more Vitamin D.
Here are some of the greatest benefits of flipping your windows to their sides:
- Energy efficiency is part of what makes sliding windows a solid choice when upgrading. These windows fit tightly into the frame, eliminating drafts and reducing the cost to heat and cool your home. At Lifetime Aluminum, we use a polyurethane window frame for maximum sealing and energy efficiency.
- Low-maintenance is always a plus to any home upgrade, and these windows qualify. There are no internal parts that can wear down and break. It won’t need sealing or capping, and the frame won’t swell or shrink.
- Durable windows ensure you likely won’t have to replace them while owning the house. The lack of moving parts also means fewer parts to break down. No springs. No pulleys. As long as the frame is in good working order, so are these windows.
- Easy operation is another benefit to sliding windows. It doesn’t take much hand dexterity for the window to glide along the track. Simply release the catch and give the window a gentle push when you want to enjoy the outside.
Modern Improvements To The Sliding Window
At Lifetime Aluminum, we have overcome one of the most common complaints about sliding windows — cleaning them. The modern, double-hung window tilts inward to allow for easy cleaning of the exterior side. For second-story windows and above, the ability to tilt windows in is a reliable safety feature. Our sliding window design, with optional in-swing sash rails, enables you to enjoy that same convenience.
The Lifetime Aluminum Difference
While all sliding windows can be considered an upgrade to classic, wooden framed panes, Lifetime Aluminum offers some design changes that maximize the value.
- Our signature Narrow Line Window design uses minimal style lines that offer maximum viewing areas.
- For those that prefer traditional design lines, we have Coved Interior Glazing Bead, and yes, glazing comes with the window.
- Lift out sliders and dual brass rollers on a stainless steel axle provide an easy-glide performance for many years.
- Pick resistant locks are an added safety feature, making it more difficult for an unauthorized person to make it inside your home.
- Standard windows come with lift-out sashes for easy cleaning. Simply remove the windows from the sash, wash, and re-hang.
Optional upgrades offer tilt-in sashes, which might be a secure choice for upper-level windows.
Contact Us To Learn More About Sliding Window Options
If you’re in East Hanover, NJ, or Morris County and need an emergency window repair or want to give your whole home a face-lift, give Lifetime Aluminum a call at 973-887-1900. Our technicians can provide a full estimate and timeline for the work, along with a catalog of choices that includes some of the most durable and energy-efficient sliding window options.